Peruvian Project Overview
Laconia's acquisition of the Rasuhuilca gold-silver project provides the Company with a strong footprint in a dynamic and growing resources focused environment in Peru.
The project represents a high-grade opportunity for Laconia, entering into one of the world’s leading mining jurisdictions. For further information, view the Rasuhuilca project. Peru offers a solid regulatory framework and highly prospective geological landscape to operate in.
Mining and exploration is a significant and established industry in Peru. The Peruvian economy is growing at a rate of 8% per annum largely due to booming mining industry, particularly in silver, gold and copper, which provides an attractive investment environment. The political system in Peru has been stable over the last decade. The country's legal framework is well established with comprehensive mining and environmental laws and regulations in place.
Foreign investment is encouraged. There are tax incentives in place and laws prohibit discrimination between local and foreign entities. Recent uncertainty with a change of government, in July 2011, and a new proposed mining tax regime has been resolved with the passing of a new tax through congress.
Courtesy of Peru, Ministry of Energy and Mines, 2012 (www.minem.gob.pe )
- 5th investment destination for mineral exploration in the world, accounting for 5% of the worldwide expenditure.
- Peru is ranked among the largest mineral producers in the world:
3rd Zinc and Tin
- Peru is the largest mineral producer in Latin America.
- Gold mining in Peru is synonymous of success by world standards. In the last two decades, Peru went from producing around 600,000 ounces of gold in 1992 to over 6 million ounces per year, in the last 8 years.
- Peru offers opportunities for explorers to leverage working with one of the best mining cadastral systems in the world.
Peru is the only jurisdiction in Latin America that offers venture investment possibilities through the Lima Stock Exchange, which has been very successful in the last 8 years in facilitating of local investors to fund junior exploration companies.
Peruvian Project Operations
ASX Code LCR
ASX Price -.---*
*price delayed by 20 mins, for an accurate price please click here.